Sunday, June 26, 2011
Introduction:
Once again I have taken some time off…and once again I feel drawn to a “project!” A couple of months ago, I ended up “tripping” to Sacramento everyday to experience the essence of the State Capitol. My experience was incredible and my passion for expressing myself through writing was definitely piqued. This morning, I feel drawn to the labyrinth - an ancient entity used for meditation, contemplation, prayer and focus. Admittedly, I am a labyrinth “baby” and though I have walked labyrinths on many an occasion, the only real history I can share is mostly my own experience. Upon doing a little research (Google!), I was pleasantly surprised to find there are numerous labyrinths in the area.
Part of the reason for an increase in my interest in the labyrinth is an upcoming journey to France which includes an excursion to the famous labyrinth at Chartres. I found a picture of this powerful labyrinth on-line a few days ago (http://www.chartreslabyrinthtours.com) ….wow!...anyone who is sensitive to energy may be divinely blown away just by looking at the picture! My interest in Chartres was preceded by a labyrinth walk a few weeks ago inside Grace Cathedral (San Francisco) where an exact replica of the Chartres labyrinth can be found. I hope to make this area-famous labyrinth a part of my experience this week.
Once again, I invite you to share my experience. I am excited to partake in another creative and experiential journey - one that keeps me focused and gets me out of the house! I never know what’s going to “call” me….this time it’s the labyrinth. So….this week, it is my intent to visit a few labyrinths and write about my experience. I am also including a labyrinth focus on Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. I’m curious to see if the two - the labyrinth and the "unalienable trio" - will somehow “synergize” this week. Stay tuned…it may be interesting!
Much Love – as Always,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment