Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wooogahooo! Let's get excited!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Where did November go?  Good grief!  I feel like I missed the entire month!  I guess if there is a month I would want to “wake up” in, it would be December.  My little girl l-o-v-e-s December!  The month of love, joy, goodness, good will, surprises and magic!  It’s an opportunity for the world to take a timeout from its routinely unconscious grunting, groaning and whining.  December is the month when love, compassion and heart-felt joy are in!  Woohooo! 
I’m sure I’m not the only one with an inner-child that loves the holiday season!  When I take a moment to focus in on the feelings of the child-within, it’s difficult not to smile – even giggle a little!  Little Karrie is wide-eyed with excitement!  She is clapping her hands in electrifying anticipation!  She loves the holiday activities - picking out a tree, making gifts, singing carols, decorating the house, hanging lights, eating Christmas cookies, delivering treats, lighting candles, taking a drive to look at the holiday lights, watching the Hallmark Christmas movie marathons – yahoo! 
Unfortunately, I haven’t always taken advantage of her natural enthusiasm, love and joy which seems to increase 100 times at Christmas!  In fact, when I think about it, it only makes sense that the vibration of humanity as a whole has to be significantly higher during the holiday season.  With all those little girls and boys lighting up the world with their natural joy, it’s hard to believe the Earth stays in her orbit!  Yes, there are those whose “child” doesn’t have happy memories around this time of year but it’s important to wake-up and realize we aren’t those children anymore.  We are adults who can make sure our inner-child has the opportunity to experience the holiday season the way we always wanted to experience it.  No victims!  No excuses!      
Yesterday, it occurred to me that another “activity” my little girl l-o-v-e-s is the giving of unexpected gifts – whatever form they take.  She loves to watch the surprise and child-like joy it calls forth in someone else; the emotional transformation from a disengaged “What’s this?” to an incredulous “Wow, you did this for me?!”  It creates the same level of “can-hardly-stand-it” anticipation as the moment right before Little Karrie empties the contents of her stocking! 
With this child-like glee in mind, I am going to have some fun during the weeks leading up to Christmas.  I’m going to set aside a certain amount of money each week and surprise people with a “gift.”  Perhaps, I’ll pay for the person behind me in the drive-thru, partially pay for someone’s gas, leave an anonymous gift on a doorstep or hand-out a $10 bill to a child in a store!  Who knows what may occur to me in the moment!  I am really excited and can’t wait to get started!  I don’t even need to see a person’s response – it’s enough that it excites me to the core of my being!  W-o-o-o-h-o-o-o!!!
Today, I celebrate the happiness, excitement and creativity of the child-within.  I give thanks for her giggles, simple joys and unconditional love.  I honor her innate desires to experience life as it is meant to be experienced.
Much love,
Karrie        

No comments:

Post a Comment