Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 4 - Planting Seeds

Hi Virtual Capitol Visitors!
It was absolutely g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s in Sacramento today – wowwww!  Clear skies and about 70 degrees!  I strolled along the walkways and really took it all in….the scent of orange blossoms seemed to be everywhere!  I almost married an orange tree!  Several tree-beings waived me down for photo-shoots and I happily obliged.  All in all, I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.
Today, I wore black pants and a bright blue shirt and chose to use the same entrance into the Capitol as yesterday.  It was all new security people so I wasted a good disguise! (Ha!)  I went straight to the Assembly Chamber which had been closed yesterday.  There was no one else in the gallery so it was extremely peaceful.  This Chamber is soooo beautiful!  As I have shared in previous posts, the décor is largely different hues of green.  It feels calm and “down-to-earth.”  I sense a kind of integrity that would be “sealed with a handshake.”  I sat quite awhile with my eyes closed, sensing complete stillness and finally planting a cluster of “seeds.”  There were 4 individual yet interconnected “seeds” ….authenticity….clarity….truth….courage…. Individually, and as a group, my intent was that these “seeds” make it easier to follow one’s own guidance system and to “break away from the herd” when necessary.  When I left the gallery, I chose to believe that a State of EMERGEnce had been planted and was already “sprouting.” 
Next, I entered the Senate gallery.  Once again, I found myself alone and in complete silence.  There is such a different “feel” in this room…the reds, pinks and salmons….George Washington…a sense of honor….stateliness….integrity….legal documents…. declarations….. resolutions ….I closed my eyes, took a few deep breaths and repeated the same process as I had completed in the Assembly …..authenticity….clarity…..truth…..courage….I took these words in for myself as well - such powerful words spoken in silence make for an incredible experience.  I was humbled by what I felt.   I left the Senate in a state of peace…
After taking a few pictures of the rotunda, I left the building and took the opportunity to snuggle with a few of the benches lining the various pathways.  The views were exquisite, the scents divine – if I had brought a sleeping bag, flashlight and a few SNACKS I might have stayed the night!  Unfortunately, I was unprepared for such spontaneity and my GPS was suggesting another course so I headed for my car and set my intent….on Round Table Pizza.
Until tomorrow…
Karrie        

No comments:

Post a Comment