Hi Team! (I like to pretend I’m not alone!)
Sacramento was slightly overcast today but it was very lively at the Capitol - lots of kids on field trips and families on spring break! Good to see kids taking an interest and asking lots of questions. Personally, I didn’t feel like spending a lot of time outside so I did one ceremonial “warm-up lap” and headed for the door. I chose to use the less popular entrance on the opposite side of the building. Since I plan on visiting the interior of the Capitol at least 4 times this week and don’t want to appear like I’m “stalking” the place, I decided to use a different entrance than yesterday. (I realized later that my red visor, red sunglasses and red shirt weren’t going to win any “Incognito” or “Best Blend” contests!)
Once inside, I went straight to the Senate Chamber on the 3rd floor. It was empty for the moment and the silence was exquisite! As I shared yesterday, the Senate Chamber is decorated in reds, pinks and salmons (the color – not the fish). There is a sense of honor, truth and integrity. George Washington and the Goddess Minerva seem to hold this expectation for anyone in the room.
After a few minutes of alone time, I heard a tour guide speaking to a family of 4 from the chamber floor. She explained the reason for the colors in the Assembly and Senate – all very “parliamentary” in nature. The Assembly is green to match the House of Commons and the Senate is red to align with the colors in the House of Lords. Lincoln in the Assembly, Washington in the Senate. Her explanation confirmed what I “felt” in each of the chambers yesterday, which also verified that the building was structured and decorated intentionally so as to promote a certain state of being which essentially provides the foundation for a “state of Truth.” Just like churches tend to be structured so as to evoke a certain state of being, so is the Capitol.
I’m sharing this because I want everyone to take some comfort in knowing that the “stage” has already been built for “success.” The structure, the grounds, the stillness of the magnificent redwoods, all support the notion of listening for the truthful voice within and having the courage to make that voice heard. It reminds me of how I feel when I walk in a gym when the bleachers are pulled out and the baskets are “still” and “waiting.” The blood starts pumping and I WANT TO PLAY! (Until I run 5 yards and pull a calf muscle!) I believe the same thing applies here…the stage is set and one can’t help but feel a call to integrity, stateliness and truth.
Therefore, I believe we have to support our legislators in aligning with the highest level of their own integrity. I would bet that almost every single one of them ran for office because they “wanted to make a difference.” They thought they could change the system and/or do better than those who came before them. How frustrating it must be to know what needs to be done and not be able to move your party or the group in that direction. I wonder if it has occurred to any of them that the person next to them feels exactly the same way? And the person next to them….and the person next to them…and so on. What if everyone feels the same way, but no one will take the first step? I would love to see a HUMONGOUS Rally, where a thousand or more people encircle the Capitol and sit in silence giving those inside the support and permission needed to act, vote and choose differently! Now that would be an incredible event! That would be a powerful action! Meaningful silence illuminates the truth and I would love to support our legislators in this manner! This would be a “What are you for?” event and something I’m going to have to ponder! I hope you will consider pondering it too....this could be a “unifying” event….and an opportunity to see the Capitol!
Until tomorrow!
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment