Sunday, August 28, 2011
Has anyone noticed that the world seems to be moving at a much faster pace? I heard recently that we are now fitting in one year every 18 days! I read somewhere else that time hasn’t actually sped up but instead more events are happening without much space in between. Either way, I feel like I am being pushed!
While pondering this interesting phenomena, I had to chuckle at the incredible brilliance of the Universe! How better to get us to slow down or to force us into a more truthful perspective than to speed things up? As things continue to amp up, I unconsciously try to keep up. I am exhausted, stressed and about to lose my mind! There is a point where I’m not able to proceed… and at that point, I fall to the ground, totally exhausted and defeated. After some intense sobbing and “poor me” indulgence, I suddenly am struck with the truthful notion that I am finally free! Free of the “whip cracking,” “cattle-driving” ridiculousness caused by my unconscious buy-in to a system that has hijacked my real priorities! It is at this point that I realize that I have been chasing a bus for my entire life – a bus I will never catch - when everything I have ever wanted is at “home.” I never stopped to even think about or wonder where this illusive bus was going or what was on it! All the while, the map to my dreams was sitting at home displayed on the kitchen table.
This reminds me of a scenario I play out in my mind every once in awhile – but not until I have fallen to the ground in exhaustion and defeat! (For some reason, finding myself face down on the cement is my cue to take another look! I definitely need to change this!) The scenario begins after my death. I am looking down upon my body in a casket at the funeral home and pondering my life….it is here that I can clearly see the real priorities of this life’s experience…and it has nothing to do with money, status, material items or deadlines. Life is an opportunity to experience everything I desire….to laugh, cry, enjoy, have fun, feel excited…create, play, love…to follow my dreams and share my gifts! Life is about experiencing, learning to consciously create my desires and watching in child-like awe as the next miracle unfolds before my eyes! I have no idea how many opportunities I may have to experience a “life” but in this scenario at the end of such a life, I recognize that I shouldn’t waste even one moment.
Once again, I chuckle and shake my head in amazement at the ingenious wisdom of the Universe; Speeding things up in order to get me to slow down….assisting me in finding my way back to truth as I recognize the opportunity I have been gifted. Life is so beautiful, precious and amazing….I am enormously grateful for the brilliance of the Universe.
Much love,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment