Wednesday, August 10, 2011
I started my day pondering one of my own “archetypes.” Archetypes are energy patterns through which we seem to carry out our “doing.” Common archetypes are “mother,” “father” and child. Others that may sound familiar include the bully, hero, victim and rescuer. Still others include the king, queen, prince and princess archetypes. The list goes on and on. One of the archetypal energies I have acted through in this lifetime is the knight/rescuer. I have spent a lot of my life riding into a situation, rescuing people and/or standing on principle in loyalty to the values of the kingdom. My journey over the past 8 weeks has shined a very bright light on the internal riff I have been experiencing for quite some time. There has been a “tug-of-war” between the indoctrinated beliefs of my knight and my vow to follow my higher guidance. The knight/rescuer has been focused on the cries of others and dedicated to fighting for their wellbeing. (I’m sure this plays a huge part in why I chose to be a union representative!) I consciously recognized this morning that I can no longer work in an environment with the internal expectation to “save” people. There are many reasons for this….1) by rescuing people, I keep them from their empowerment, 2) focusing on the cries of others, keeps me from hearing my own higher guidance, 3) I’m “weakening” humanity and 4) I’m exhausted! Therefore, I have to re-program my knight. My knight’s allegiance is to my higher guidance. Instead of “saving” people, the knight is to share and role model the process of “how to fish” rather than “handing someone a fish.” The knight is to role model empowerment and courage in remaining loyal to the voice of the higher guidance. As a union representative, this means part of my focus is the facilitation of individual and group empowerment. I have to allow people to speak for themselves and advocate for their own passions.
I have to say that by consciously stating these changes to my own “programming,” I already feel less frustrated and divided. I feel more excited and like I’m actually doing something productive and worthy! And what’s really interesting is that I feel more like a knight….wow!
So today as I “patrol the kingdom” I am focused on asking myself the question, “Does this action empower or disempower the person I’m working with?” while checking in with my own guidance as to what is in alignment with my own empowerment process. I will keep you posted!
See you at the roundtable!
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment