Friday, October 21, 2011
Today is my last day in the office. As you might imagine, I have been experiencing a plethora of feelings ranging from absolute excitement and joy to a certain level of grief. Twenty months ago, I never would have guessed the enormous gift this job would come to be. In my own arrogance, I felt I had been called to this position because of what I had to offer…never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that it had something so incredible to give to me.
I feel like I have lived the 23rd Psalm! I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death and now emerge into the sunshine! This job has provided me the opportunity (continuously!) to either sink or swim. My emotions, self-doubt and fears of failure and humiliation just about did me in on several occasions. However, the gifts have more than matched the intensity and challenges I experienced. The gifts have been a deeper understanding of who I am, a trust in myself and my higher guidance and the willingness to be authentically me. Priceless. I cannot write or in any way express the depth to which this job has touched and changed my life. I will be forever grateful to those who have played their roles to perfection…without them, I could never have learned what I desired at the core of my being to learn.
The heart-felt responses I have received from people regarding my leaving have overwhelmed me. I recognized this morning that the culture I entered a year and a half ago has shifted from one of devastation, rage, separation and closed heartedness to one in which there is a cautious optimism…hope…..working together…and yes….I would even say… love. I sense that I leave them at “choice point” as to the reality they will choose to create.
Today, I will hedonistically savor my final experiences in a position that has given me so much. I am humbled and truly grateful for that which has touched my life so deeply.
The Divine in me bows to the Divine in you…
Much Love,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment