Tuesday, July 19, 2011
For some reason, the “aha” I had yesterday morning really made a difference for me. It was like the fog lifted and it was clear for miles. I don’t even know if I can put into words what the “aha” was exactly! Perhaps, it was the realization of how far I have come over the past 3 years. Maybe it was the recognition of a year long “battle” I have waged with the “false façade” – a battle within myself to live my life in integrity. In the very least, I now know what I have to offer an organization - and in that knowing, I won’t be trapped by a job description.
This knowledge seems to give me an entirely new perspective. It empowers me to be in charge of my own experiences when it comes to employment. Many times, we “prostitute” our gifts, talents and passions to fit into a position. We make ourselves smaller and smaller and smaller trying to please a supervisor – totally losing touch with the Essence of who we are and what we have to offer the world. We are held hostage by the fear of losing a position with an organization that doesn’t value what we really bring to the table. Can you imagine the success level of a company that actually utilized the creative genius of its employees? A company that supported individual empowerment? In order for this to be the norm rather than the exception, we have to begin to look at ourselves differently. We have to recognize and develop our true talents – the gifts we were meant to share. If a company can’t use our gifts or wants us to shrivel up in order to fit into a specific role description, we have the option to move forward to another which not only desires our talents but respects them. In truth, we are the ones sitting in the seat of power. We are the ones that have the gifts and talents the organization needs but the false façade has indoctrinated us to believe that it’s the other way around. Disempowerment is an extremely handy method of control.
Many will say that what I’m espousing is far easier said than done. From the position most of us are currently sitting, this statement is probably true. Until we become more familiar with the Essence of who we really are and begin to get in touch with the joy of what we have to offer – nothing will change. Change and Empowerment are inside jobs. The rules of the false façade won’t change until we do. We are the primary supporters of its doctrines. We are the ones who keep its laws alive.
I am now experiencing the benefits of becoming more in alignment with the real me. It is incredibly freeing and puts a smile on my face! I recognize that channeling “me” into the world on a daily basis takes a great deal of awareness, discipline and courage. But I know I have my “team” with me and I hope you know I am with you as well.
Much love and support for Empowerment!
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment