Thursday, July 21, 2011
Well, I’ve been awake since 3 a.m.! It wasn’t the usual “hot flash” which had me tossing but an intense bout with anxiousness – undoubtedly caused by the realization that I’m about to take another enormous “leap of faith.” (It feels more like bungee jumping in the fog!) I am being challenged to “walk my talk” and role model what I have espoused to be true regarding the following of my higher guidance (Damn!.... I mean Yahoo!) I am also being given the opportunity to practice what I believe to be true loyalty – loyalty to my higher guidance which in turn is loyalty to the world around me. This is incredibly difficult since I have a long history (lifetimes!) of taking responsibility for the wellbeing of others. As many of you can probably attest, this is indeed a difficult “value” to surrender.
This brings me to a process I was gifted this morning in my pondering – a comparison of the intent/results when following the advice of my ego with the intent/results when following my higher guidance.
My Ego…
· only seems to know what I have already experienced.
· doesn’t like feeling uncomfortable; doesn’t like the unknown.
· bases decisions on past experiences.
· does whatever it can to “protect” me from repeating what it deems to be harmful experiences.
· essentially keeps me from aligning with who I really am by keeping me “safe” within the values, structures, beliefs and expectations of the false façade.
My Higher Guidance…
· sees beyond my past experiences.
· sees the vast plethora of possibilities.
· is connected to my greatest highest good.
· sees the path toward alignment with who I really am.
· leads me closer and closer to fully experiencing Life and Liberty while consistently engaged in the pursuit of Happiness.
In my experience, my Higher Guidance has never led me astray. This doesn’t mean everything always felt “orgasmic” or blissful! However, the process always was enlightening and freeing, bringing relief to the Soul of who I am.
When I saw on paper an actual “comparison” between what I know about my experiences with the “ego” and those with my “higher guidance,” I was comforted by the confirmation which supported the path of higher guidance. (Sometimes I need a little paper and pencil “analysis” to supplement my Faith and understanding! It also seems to quiet my ego for a moment…..“Well, ok…but “I” will be watching!”)
So…7 hours later, it’s 10:00 a.m. and I now sense I can get some sleep! All is right in my world again!
Until tomorrow… J
Much love,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment