Monday, July 25, 2011
This morning I woke up pondering equality – another “unalienable” characteristic accompanying all expressions of the Sacred. I have contemplated the meaning of equality on numerous occasions. True equality – much like freedom – can’t really be legislated or demanded. Rules and regulations can provide “training wheels” but not true understanding. Equality is something we have to know and experience within.
One of the ways I have come to an understanding and experience of equality is to imagine myself sitting cross-legged in a peaceful place with someone. I sit with them as an equal – no matter the profession, culture or lifestyle (or political party!). I suspend any “protections,” “clothing,” judgments, job descriptions… and connect with the life force. It is here that I find equality. In this place, the truth drops in and there is recognition that each of us is only one expression of the Sacred – the Sacred having a variety of experiences through a myriad of perspectives and lenses. No one expression is better, worse or more valued than the next. Whether it is another person, a pet, a flower, a tree, an insect or Mother Earth herself, we are each expressions of the Sacred.
Today, I remind myself of these experiences and take them with me into the day. My focus is to sit in the divinity of equality with each expression I come in contact with. I am reminded of a saying from Rumi (one of my favorite mystics), “There is a field beyond right and wrong…I will meet you there.” Most assuredly, it is here within this field that you and I will come to know equality…
The Divinity in me bows to the Divinity in you…
Much love,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment