Saturday, July 23, 2011
Before I started writing this morning, I took a step back to observe myself. I did this because I caught a little whiff of “getting off-track.” The reason I have enjoyed blogging so much is because it’s about my process. Blogging seems to be something that makes my heart sing! I love the process of expressing what I’m feeling, “hearing” and attempting to apply in my life. For some reason, it just feels good. This morning I caught myself thinking about what I was going to write…Where should I go from here? What would be helpful for others? What’s the next step?...which brought me to a screeching halt. I took a few deep breaths and refocused… What am I hearing from my higher guidance?
When I checked-in with myself, I recognized that I was hearing lots of little “drop-ins” regarding various creative endeavors. These possibilities were really exciting to my “little girl!” Through her, I felt like someone had just invited me to Disneyland! I felt the excitement of an adventure into the unknown! The “little girl” in me loved it…and I noticed that she didn’t have any fear around the unknown! She found the whole thing exciting (giggling, clapping her hands)! Almost simultaneously, I heard my ego saying…What are you doing?...This is a waste of time!...There is no value in any of this!...So why would you even consider it?
So, there I sat with my ego whispering in one ear and my higher guidance in the other. It seemed funny that my higher guidance didn’t appear to have “a dog in this fight.” On the other hand (or ear), my ego was adamant in its attempt to dissuade me; desiring to “protect” me from possible humiliation. My higher guidance was offering an “adventure” that excited me and I didn’t feel any “brow-beating” or judgment. All I felt was the excitement of the possibilities…the fun…and this in itself was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
I also had the insight that as I continue to choose to take part in these creative nudges or suggestions, I am truly “being the change I seek.” As I focus more and more on following this “excitement,” it is surely changing my life experience! I am soooo much happier and sense that this happiness is supporting and attracting more of the same.
Here’s to Happiness!
Much love,
Karrie
No comments:
Post a Comment